Saturday, August 2, 2008

Scary Bad Luck...

I had something crappy happen on Thursday, which was my actual anniversary, but haven't shared it due to all the celebrating we've been busy doing. My sister and I went to Lifetime Fitness with all my kids cuz Madelyn and Carson were starting basketball classes there. (I am no longer a member there because it takes up my whole day and half the time we would go Rylie freaked and caused me to end early all the time. I exercise at home, but look forward to the day that I can rejoin when all the kids are in school) So Madelyn and Carson finished class, and then we ate dinner at the gym cafe. It was a frantic zoo with all four kids and I wasn't as aware about my purse and wallet as I should be. So we finished dinner and went into the family bathroom to wipe the kids up. Bethany took two of my kids into the car and I took two of them to go potty. When I got back to my car Beth said my wallet was gone. We searched everywhere in the gym and couldn't find it. We left to calm down and get frozen yogurt, but after returned to the gym. They had found my wallet wrapped in a towel in the family bathroom. I was so excited to get the actual wallet back, but then horrified when I opened it up and almost eveything was gone. I cried, but then went home to call and cancel all my credit cards. I made peace with my stuff being taken because I can get new credit cards and a new drivers liscense. And I was thrilled that at least they returned my expensive wallet. I just hate that my address is out there with a psycho. The cops are involved and assured me that usually these idiots chuck your id quick and don't come to your house. We'll see. Fingers crossed!

2 comments:

Maylene said...

Oh my goodness! I can't believe someone did that...especially there! I'm so sorry. That would be awful and just plain frustrating. I love your Halloween pictures with all your kids. You really have the cutest costumes each year. I hope you don't mind (but I am sort of copying the BYU thing this year)...I finally made it to the bookstore and got the cheer outfits for my girls! Don't you LOVE dressing up kids!

Original Kos said...

That is soooo horrible. I had that happen to me a couple years ago and it was so upsetting. The guy stole it from me when he was working on a computer next to me in the BYU library! It turns out he'd stolen over 350 wallets that year. They later found out he was pedophile...he also had a wife and a new baby and she had no idea. Soooo sad.