Saturday, August 2, 2008

Good Work, Jared!

As I wrote before, Jared and I just celebrated our tenth anniversary. For the past 18 months I've been very obnoxious and made it clear I wanted a new ring for our tenth anniversary. WOW!!! I am in love! Jared and I went away Friday night to the Westin Hotel and he actually caught me by suprise with this ring. He had me convinced that he didn't get one and then pulled this out. He scored! It is really sweet too because Jared's friend Molly's parents own a nice jewelry store in Kansas City. Jared sent them a picture of what I wanted and they didn't have anything like it . So a week ago their jeweler made it from scratch. Jared has been amazing this year. First, for my 30th birthday in January, he sent my mom and I to a Scottsdale hotel and spa for the weekend. Then we went away for a few days to San Diego in July. And then last night we stayed at the amazing Westin Villas in Scottsdale (It was beautiful, right on the golf course. It was a suite with a jet tub and a kitchen and family room. This time a year anyone can stay at 4 and 5 star hotels for pretty cheap because of the sucky hot weather.) And lastly he gave me my special new ring. He truly made my 30th and our 10th anniversary very special. So I say, "Good work, Jared!



4 comments:

Melissa Brown said...

You are so spoiled! I love it :)

hillari said...

that is so beautiful! what a lucky girl you are!

Original Kos said...

So beautiful! You got your wish. Hooray!

Chanel said...

YAY FOR YOU!! Now I don't have to keep hearing about this ring you've just got to have. Just kidding. I'm so happy for you. :D