Monday, February 14, 2011

Our annual family Valentine's Feast

Every year for Valentine's day we have a heart-themed meal together. The kids also get goody bags and lots of treats and surprises. My mom was awesome and always made every holiday special for us, so I make my feeble attempt with my kids. Plus I am not an everyday fun mom, but I am a 5-6 time a year fun mom so I have to make it count ;)

I tried to put hearts on the top of my marshmallow pops and only this one sort of worked. I gave up after this one and did the entire tops red :/

Rylie enjoying her pop, such a cutie!

Heart hamburgers

The food spread

Heart watermelon

Rainbow jello, Valentine's style :)

Heart cheeseburgers and heart icecubes

Treat bags for the kids

Bouquet of marshmallow pops

My kids were so excited!

I figured I would get in the pic since I rarely am :)

3 comments:

Shenna said...

You are awesome! I was all cheering myself on for making red velvet cookies and heart-shaped toast...and then I saw this. I totally want to steal this idea for next year!

Brian and Adriana said...

I don't care what you say. You are VERY domestic. This is so cute!!!

Gardner Family said...

Soooo fun! I didn't do a Valentine themed dinner per se, but I did choose one dish for each person that I know they love and made a dinner out of it. Your dinner looks waaaay better!