Wednesday, December 15, 2010

In shock!!!!!!

I got a call yesterday on my cell phone from the Oprah show. For eight days on their website I entered the favorite things contest, and I was one of the twelve at home winners!!!! I couldn't breathe all day!!! I apparently won prizes totalling over $29,000. The breakdown: $15,000 worth of prizes from the favorite things episode, $7,700 worth of prizes from the favorite things list in her magazine, and $6,800 in cash to cover the taxes from the prizes!!! And I am pretty sure I will be in the magazine in February!!! Mindblowing!!! I've only ever won free fries and maybe a coloring contest when I was younger. My brain can't even process it and I have a big headache!

5 comments:

bethany said...

that's so awesome! i don't even know if I've ever known anyone who has won so much!! i guess that teaches me that i should enter these things :)

bethany said...

So I went and looked at the list of stuff (because I don't watch Oprah) and thought it would be random sweaters or candles or something, but a cruise?!? a car?!? wow-now I'm totally jealous. Can't WAIT to see what you get!

Amy O'Neill said...

WOW!! That is soooo awesome... I am sooo jealous!! Congrats!!

Shenna said...

Woah...that is pretty much awesome!!!!! Congrats Holly!!!

Gardner Family said...

What a fun Christmas surprise!
Yay You!